Northland Kindergarten Association (NKA) seeks a Head Teacher to lead a committed team of teachers at Mission Place Kindergarten in Kaitaia. This is an awesome position for an aspirational and innovative person with great leadership skills. This full-time role will commence from March 2022 (date to be negotiated).
Mission Place Kindergarten has a team of 4 teachers and a part-time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 30 children between two and six years of age. Mission Place Kindergarten is situated beside Kaitaia Primary School.
The team provides an environment that embraces diversity while promoting curiosity, exploration, communication, and deeper thinking. They acknowledge Papatūānuku as being essential to developing childrens’ understanding of their role in caring for our planet while inspiring learning and leadership. They are Bronze Enviroschool kindergarten.
Our ideal applicant will
· have demonstrable skills in relationship building
· have experience building and strengthening collaborative relationships
· have great communication skills and a sense of humour
· have knowledge of pedagogical leadership and be a strong teaching practitioner
· be excited about learning and putting current theory into practice
· be looking for a new challenge and keen to further develop their leadership potential
· share the organisation's commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, informing and leading bicultural practice
· share our kindergarten's philosophy of care and respect for the natural environment and sustainability and incorporate this in to learning experiences for children
· have a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community
· enjoy working directly with our tamariki and love getting your hands dirty
Mission Place Kindergarten is part of a network of 25 kindergartens within the NKA. The kindergarten is supported by a professional practice and management team.
Northland Kindergarten Association adheres to the employment conditions as offered in the Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers and Senior Teachers Collective Agreement 2019–2022.
Applicants must hold a recognized NZ ECE qualification, current practicing certificate, first aid certificate and provide evidence of full COVID vaccination status.
Closing date for applications and referees’ reports: 2.00pm on the Thursday 3rd February 2022.
Email Applications to: email@example.com or post to: Appointments Secretary, Northland Kindergarten Association, PO Box 4005, Whangarei, 0141.