Northland Kindergarten Association (NKA) is seeking an experienced and motivated Head Teacher to lead a committed and passionate team of teachers at Anne West Kindergarten in Kaitaia.
Anne West Kindergarten has a team of 3.5 teachers, a part-time administrator and a cook. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday catering for 30 children between two and six years of age. The kindergarten is open 48 weeks of the year.
This kindergarten has a strong commitment Te Ao Māori and sustainable living practices. The stunning and spacious outdoor environment promotes active learning and nature sciences. The heart of their curriculum is building relationships and identities that will grow rich resourceful learners. Based on Te Whāriki and the bi-cultural society of Aotearoa New Zealand, they believe it is important to promote the qualities and dispositions of empathy, integrity, respect, tolerance, courage and resilience, which are all relevant for sustainable life in the 21st century.
Northland Kindergarten Association is seeking applications from qualified, experienced leaders who have the following attributes: -
- Strength in Te Reo Māori, me ngā tikanga Māori
- Experience with leadership, management, and mentoring skills
- Pedagogical leadership knowledge and experience
- Vision and a forward focus
- Can establish authentic and respectful relationships with children, whānau and colleagues
- Is self-motivated, has initiative and can work collaboratively with others
- Is a good communicator with all members of the wider kindergarten community
- Has a strong focus on inclusiveness, recognising and valuing the rich diversity of the tamariki, whānau and local community
- Is committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and can strengthen the team’s strong bicultural practice
Anne West Kindergarten is part of the 3 kindergarten cluster of Nga Manu Kai Miro o Te Hiku o te Ika in the Far North/Muriwhenua, which is under the umbrella of the Northland Kindergarten Association (who oversee all 25 Kindergartens within the wider Northland region). The kindergarten is supported by a professional practice and management team. Northland Kindergarten Association adheres to the employment conditions as offered in the Kindergarten Teachers, Head Teachers, and Senior Teachers Collective Agreement 2019–2022.
Applicants must hold a recognized NZ ECE qualification, current practicing certificate and a first aid certificate.
Closing date for applications and referees’ reports: 2.00pm Thursday 2nd e 2022.
Email Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Appointments Secretary, Northland Kindergarten Association, PO Box 4005, Whangarei, 0141.