Northland Kindergarten Association (NKA) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to take up an exciting opportunity to join the team at Hillcrest Kindergarten, Kaikohe.
Hillcrest Kindergarten has a team of 4 teachers and part time administrator. The kindergarten operates five 6-hour sessions Monday to Friday, catering for a roll of 30 children between two and six years of age. The kindergarten is operational, 48 weeks per year.
- A qualified and registered ECE teacher?
- Able to establish and maintain authentic and professional relationships with children, whānau and colleagues?
- Self-motivated, show initiative and work collaboratively within a team?
- A good communicator with all members of a centre’s community?
- Able to support the team’s commitment to working in partnership with whanau Māori and attending ākonga.
If so, then NKA is looking forward to receiving an application from you for this teaching position at Hillcrest Kindergarten in Kaikohe.
What we offer you is:
- Pay parity with the primary school sector
- A yearly individual professional development budget
- 15 days professional time each year for professional development
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 10+ hours of non-contact time per week
- Ongoing professional support and guidance from a professional practice team
- Wellbeing support through a comprehensive Wellness Policy
- A supportive induction and mentoring programme for new graduates.
Hillcrest Kindergarten is part of a network of 25 kindergartens within the NKA. The kindergarten is supported by professional practice and management teams. NKA adheres to the employment conditions as offered in the Kindergarten Teacher, Head Teachers and Senior Teachers Collective Agreement 2019-2022.
Applicants must hold a recognised New Zealand ECE qualification (minimum Dip Teaching ECE), current practicing certificate and first aid certificate.
Closing date for applications and referees’ reports: 2.00pm Thursday 25August 2022.
Email Applications to: email@example.com or post to: Appointments Secretary, Northland Kindergarten Association, PO Box 4005, Whangarei, 0141.